The ADHA’s core ideology is focused on leading the transformation of the public’s oral and overall health. The ADHA’s vision is that dental hygienists are integrated into the health care delivery system as essential primary care providers to expand access to oral health care. The mission of ADHA is to advance the art and science of dental hygiene. We work to:
- Ensure access to quality oral health care
- Increase awareness of the cost-effective benefits of prevention
- Promote the highest standards of dental hygiene education, licensure, practice and research
- Represent and promote the interests of dental hygienists
On March 27, 2016 An Act To Require training of Mandated Reporters under the Child Abuse laws was enacted (Please click for the DHHS approved mandated reporter training).
LD 1596 – An Act To Revise The laws Regarding Dental Practices
1. Board of Dental Examiners is now the Board of Dental Practice.
2. You now have ONLY 10 days (instead of 30) to inform the Board of a change in name/address.
3. Public Health Dental Hygienist interested in IPDH
a. BS 2,000 hours in 4 years
b. AS 5,000 hours in 6 years