Fall Connections: Friday, October 18 and Saturday, October 19
October 18 - October 19$119.00 – $558.00
Friday, October 18, 2019 : 8-4
Dr. Brian Novy
Presents: Plaque Monologues
7 CEU credits
Dr. Novy is the President of the DentaQuest Oral Health Center, Director of Practice Improvement at the DentaQuest Institute, and an adjunct Associate Professor of General Dentistry. He served on the ADA council of Scientific Affairs 2010-2014 and as chairman fo the CAMBRA coalition through 2015. The California Dental Association Foundation presented him with the Dugoni Award for “Outstanding Contributions to Dental Education” and in 2009 the American Dental Association awarded Dr. Novy and his office the title; “Adult Preventive Care Practice of the Year”. In 2016 he was appointed the consumer advocate on the United States Food and Drug Administration Dental Products Panel.
The Plaque Monologues
Have you ever thought about what it would be like to have a conversation with Streptococcus mutans? A group of dentists and hygienists have finally figured out the secrets to carving out a niche in the human mouth. They’re using this new information to transform biofilm and eradicate cariogenic species by the mouthful……Come find out what these radical dentists and hygienists know that you don’t!
- Describe the three types of bacteria implicated in dental caries.
- Interpret results from diagnostic test for dental caries.
- Understand how to implement targeted therapeutics in a variety of patients.
- Transition patients from high to low caries risk.
Staturday, October 19, 2019 : 8-4
Presents: “Be a Fireman First (then a carpenter)”
7 CEU credits
Dr. John Frachella, DMD is a pediactric Dentist in Oregan and Maine with 45 years experience in the delivery of dental services in public and private settings. For the first 32 years of his career he was the Dental Director of a free clinic for indigent children in Bangor, Maine and for ten years served as the Director of Federal Clinics in Wheeler County, Oregon. He also works in private practices across the county, is on staff at OHSU Dental School and lectures for NYU Lutheran Medeical College Dental Residency programs. Dr. John Frachella is a national leader in the use of SDF and how SDF impacts dental schools and clinical practice.
“Be a Fireman First (then a carpenter)”
Dr. John Frachella will share with you his research and evidence as to how the use of SDF can arrest roughly 90% of lesions treated twice per year after two years, and prevents 70% of lesions on untreated surfaces. The discussion will expand on processes including clinical protocols, patient management and follow up, dental staff education and preparation for SDF usage, obtaining SDF supplies and cost information, SDF billing information, introduction to SMART (Silver-Modified Atraumatic Restorative Treatment) and long term implications of the current research being conducted on SDF, SMART, treated teeth in vivo and in vitro.
- Understand the concepts of the medical management of caries, minimally invasive dentistry, and partial decay excavation combined with re-mineraliztion and how these differ from the surgical management of caries.
- Understand the mechanism of action of SDF and GIC used separately and in combination.
- Understand reimbursement options for different SDF and GIC applications.
- Understand the rationale for using SDF and FIC in any dental office.
- Understand which patients will benefit the most from SDF and GIC application.
- October 18
- October 19
- $119.00 – $558.00
- Event Category:
- Continuing Education
- Jennifer Martin-Hood, RDH
- Hilton Garden Inn, Freeport Downtown
5 Park Street Freeport
Freeport, ME 04032 United States + Google Map