MDHA Sponsored CE Courses & Events
- This event has passed.
HPV and Oral Health: What is our Role?
December 8, 2017 @ 7:30 am - 12:00 pmMembers $60.00
HPV, or human papillomavirus, is a virus that has been shown to cause head and neck cancers, in addition to cervical cancer. This half-day session will provide education on:
1. What is HPV? How does it manifest in the oral cavity?
2. Screening for oral cancers, including HPV-related cancers;
3. Prevalence of oral cancers in Maine, and patient risk factors;
4. Tips/Tools for prevention and early detection of HPV and HPV-related oral cancers in the dental office.
A light breakfast will be served and four Category I credits provided.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed for hygienists and dentists, and includes faculty from the College of Dental Medicine at the University of New England, public health professionals and experts in pediatric health
- December 8, 2017
7:30 am - 12:00 pm
- Members $60.00
- Event Category:
- Continuing Education
- Beth DePalma, MDHA President & CE Chair
- Senator Inn
284 Western Ave
Augusta, ME 04330 United States + Google Map