Registered Dental Hygienist – SOHP Program – Contracted Field Position
MCD Public Health, a division of Medical Care Development (MCD), Inc., is seeking a service agreement with a talented individuals to serve as a Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) to provide basic oral health screenings, fluoride varnish and dental sealant application in support of the Maine CDC, School Oral Health Program (SOHP). The contracted position requires self-directed RDH with both a keen attention to detail and follow through to meet deadlines.
The contracted position requires the RDH to be registered as an Independent Practice Dental Hygienist or have a Public Health Supervision status or be in the process of receiving either designation. This position also requires a valid driver’s license and own vehicle, ability to travel in and out of State of Maine and ability to work irregular hours as needed, including occasional weekends and evenings.
The RDH will be paid a flat rate to complete the following tasks at a designated number of participating schools participating in the Maine CDC School Oral Health Program:
- Conduct basic oral health screenings and fluoride supplementation (fluoride varnish) at participating Elementary Schools two (2) times per year, typically in the fall and spring and dental sealants at assigned Elementary Schools participating in the SOHP services.
- Providing referrals to the student’s parent or guardian for students who are identified as needing immediate follow-up oral care with a dentist.
- Providing Oral Health education to Elementary School students, staff, and parents or guardians participating in SOHP services including but not limited to:
- In-service educational programs;
- Distribution of Department provided pamphlets and posters; and
- Educational classroom learning sessions and activities.
- Participating in school based surveys, such as the Maine Integrated Youth Health Survey.
- Participating in monthly meetings and/or conference calls throughout the year as determined by the Department.
- Tracking and completing Elementary School Oral Health services for each student you serve in the Department’s Oral Health Program database.
The individual in this position will interact with key internal and external stakeholders and therefore must possess excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships. This position requires flexibility and the ability to manage time and multiple tasks with little supervision. Successful applicants will be energetic, self-starters who are able to function comfortably in a team environment or independently and relate well to co-workers, customers, organizations, and the public.
To apply for this position interested applicants must visit MCD’s website at https://www.mcdph.org/employment and download the MCD Candidate Application Form. The next step is to click on Project Coordinator – Registered Dental Hygienist – SOHP under Job Postings. Applicants must submit a separate cover letter indicating the position you are applying for along with your salary requirements, a current resume, copies of your Dental Hygienist License plus contact information (including telephone number and email address) for three professional references and completed MCD Candidate Application Form. For your application to be considered complete, you must submit all requested information/materials. No phone calls, please.
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Organization
and Affirmative Action Employer